Though it seems Roadblock is just another filler on the way to WrestleMania, it could have some possible affect on the big event. If WWE decides to cause some ripples and not rest solely on their top attraction’s automatic drawing power, we could see some Ambrose alterations to the event; such as the possibility of the Ambrose/HHH/Reigns/Lesnar cage match Ambrose alluded to on Raw. Or, we could see a quick reign for Ambrose to gauge how well it fits for the future, only to see Triple H take it right back to become a 15-time World Champ, soon after. We could see a face-turn for the New Day and the next step for a NXT team getting their shot on a big time show. But, alas, I still have to think that despite a few gutsy moves at Fastlane, WWE still doesn’t have the nerve to take such chances. So, here are my predictions for the abbreviated card that we have been handed:
1) Charlotte vs. Natalya will be a fine wrestling match between two of the three Divas (along with Naomi) whom I think have the best actual in-ring talent in WWE. Hopefully, this will be an opportunity for Natalya to get back into the hunt. As good as she is, WWE should use this opportunity to capitalize on their Divas Revolution by giving a real push to possibly the best pure wrestler they have in the Divas division. Charlotte will win, but Natalya can still make a mark.
2) The tag team title match is a tough call. Tough I think the League are in line for the belts, I just don’t know if Barrett will be given any belts since he is supposedly on his way out. Now, of course, the tag titles can be defended under the Freebird Rule just as it is, now; and, I do see a coming turn for the trio of positive powerhouse pranksters. I just don’t see WWE making a big move on a small show, unless they will build it up to a 3-on-4 match at WrestleMania to strengthen the coming face turn, even more. The possibilities are circular and I could guess various scenarios, but I’ll go ahead and say that the New Day escapes still holding the belts, but I see a beat-down afterwards to help the build-up for WrestleMania.
3) I’m glad to see NXT get a slot on the show. Enzo Amore has WWE-bound written all over him, and he and Cassidy have been getting their push. I think they’ll take the NXT Titles tonight from the Revival.
4) Y2J will most likely have a big match with AJ Styles at WM and Jack Swagger is pretty much at the bottom of the barrel now despite his great look and absolute talent. He has no chance. This is all Jericho unless AJ costs him the match.
5) Sami Zain’s on his way to an IC Title match at Mania, and he’ll leave Stardust as a fallen star and a stepping stone.
6) The Beast slays the Eater of Worlds. Brock doesn’t lose matches to people on the level of Bray Wyatt. Now, I could see a serious beating from the Wyatts coming to the Beast, but this could also be part of the breaking of the Demons from the Backwoods since it seems their momentum is now slowing down. Now, this could lead to something down the line that pits the Wyatts against the team of Lesnar and Ambrose, but not now. Lesnar defeats Wyatt.
7) As I said earlier, WWE might decide to do something daring and let Ambrose take the belt. If he does, it will lead to HHH winning it back on Raw or maybe even a scenario at WM similar to the Bret Hart/Lex Luger/Yokozuna scenario at WrestleMania 10 where HHH takes back the belt only to have Reigns win it, again, and Lesnar might find his way in there, too. It could make for an interesting and fresh scene, but that’s not really WWE’s style even though they’ve managed to break very slightly from the same-old/same-old they’ve been living off of the last 10+ years, but I don’t think they’re ready to take a big leap, unless they want to have HHH eventually tie or surpass Ric Flair’s World Title record. In the end, I’m going to say HHH walks out with the belt. Ambrose might win by DQ or countout, but he won’t get the belt.
WWE has definitely improved their product wrestling-wise–a part of that can possibly be attributed to the absence of John Cena which gives the good wrestlers a chance to shine–because it seems they might actually be listening to their fans, finally. So, whatever route they choose to take, I’m going to sit back and enjoy the show.
checkout my Twitter @blackhatwriter1 and my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/The-Black-Hat-Writer